How to Revive Your Outdoor Space with Artificial Plants
Do you have a patio, deck, or balcony that could use a little sprucing up? Outdoor spaces can be great for relaxing in the summertime, but they can also be a lot of work to keep looking nice. One easy way to fix up your outdoor space without breaking the bank is by adding some artificial plants. Not only do they add color and vibrancy to your surroundings, but they’re also low maintenance and can last for years with no fuss. In this blog post, we will discuss eight different ideas for decorating your outdoor space with artificial plants.
Why Choosing Artificial Plants Over Living Ones?
One of the main reasons is that artificial plant decor is much easier to take care of. As compared to Living plants, you don’t have to install ventilation fans as carbon dioxide released from plants make it feel stuffy and warm for you to breathe. You don’t have to worry about watering your greenery or giving it too much sunlight. Moreover, artificial plants also don’t attract bugs and other pests, so you can enjoy your outdoor space without worrying about those pesky critters.
Another great reason to choose artificial plants is that they are very versatile. You can use them in many ways and explore different artificial plant decor ideas for your outdoor space. Of course, you could do the same with the natural plants, but then you would also have to worry if they would get along in the arrangement. Not all living plants like to have company.
How to Use Artificial Plants in Your Outdoor Decor
Wide selection of pots & matching plants are offered by Espatio
Considering the minimum maintenance and almost no other requirements-the possibilities are virtually endless. Here are just a few general faux plant decor ideas:
- Use them as accent pieces: Add a pop of color or texture to your outdoor space by placing an artificial plant near your front door or in a planter by the pool.
- Create a privacy screen: If you have nosy neighbors, use artificial plants to create a natural-looking privacy screen. Place tall plants like faux ficus or artificial palm trees in large planters on either side of your patio or deck. You can also install a solar powered security camera to keep an eye-out on those nosy neighbors.
- Add some fake greenery to your garden: jazz up your garden by adding some exotic artificial plants to your real ones. This will give your space an extra touch of color and vibrancy that would be hard to achieve otherwise.
Now, as for some more specific solutions, you might want to try these:
- Hang artificial plants from your porch ceiling or beams
- Create a living wall with artificial plants
- Use artificial plants as outdoor table centerpieces
- Embellish your front door with an artificial wreath
- Make a fake topiary tree using an artificial plant
- Turn an outdoor bench into a lush tropical paradise with artificial plants
- Line your driveway or walkway with fake palm trees
- Add some colorful foliage to your outdoor space with artificial flowers and exotic bushes
Artificial Plant Types Commonly Used in Outdoor Decoration
These are just a few ideas to get you a short overview to get you started. With so many different types and styles of artificial plants available, the possibilities are endless!
Outdoor Artificial Plants in Pots
Quite unique Terrazzo pots are offered by Espatio
Adding a few potted flowers or shrubs is an easy way to add some color to your outdoor space without the hassle of daily watering. For bonus decoration points, jazz them up with some rocks or mulch to the pot. You can find artificial plants at most home improvement stores or online. Be sure to get plants meant for outdoors, as they will be more resistant to the elements.
Artificial Palm Trees
Do you have a bare spot in your yard, or are you looking to add a single eye-catcher to your balcony? Then consider adding an artificial palm tree. Faux palm trees come in a variety of shapes and many sizes, so you can find one that fits your space perfectly. Just make sure to place it in an area where it won’t be too windy. Depending on the model, some branches can be fragile.
Artificial Succulents for Outdoor Decoration
Pot collection by Espatio
If your outdoor space looks a little lackluster, don’t worry–there’s an easy fix. By adding some artificial succulents, you can breathe new life into your patio, balcony, or yard in no time. Here are a few tips for using artificial succulents to revive your outdoor space:
- Choose the right size: Too small and they’ll get lost; too large and they’ll overwhelm the area.
- Consider colors: The options are extensive, so take some time to find what will work best with your existing outdoor decor.
- Go for texture: Artificial succulents come in various textures, so don’t refrain from mixing and matching different types to produce remarkable results.
- Muds: Make sure that plants include pre-cut muds for a hassle-free and quck installation.
If you want something a little more unique, consider adding an artificial topiary. Topiaries are sculptures made from plants, and they come in all sorts of designs and sizes. Their classy look provides one of the easiest ways to instantly elevate your property’s curb appeal.
Artificial Trailing Plants
Trailing plants are an excellent way to add some greenery to your outdoor space without worrying about watering or maintenance. Artificial trailing plants are an even better option because they don’t require any care at all! Here are eight ideas for how you can use artificial trailing plants to revive your outdoor space:
- Hang them from planters or baskets
- Drape them over railings or fences
- Twist them around porch columns or trellises
- Use them as table runners or centerpieces
- Weave them through lanterns or candle holders
- Tuck them into nooks and crannies
- Layer them with other artificial plants
- Come up with something genuinely creative, and have fun!
Tips to Get the Best Results With Artificial Plant Decor
Choose your pot with matching plant and mud from Espatio
- Place plants in strategic locations to create a natural-looking landscape
- Use different types of plants to add depth and vibrancy
- Mix artificial and live plants for a well-rounded look
- Use planters, containers, and pots to add color and style
- Make it dynamic, hang some plants from the ceiling or use a plant stand to add height
- Choose plants that are resistant to weather conditions and easy to care for
- Use colors, textures, and shapes to create a vibrant focal point
- Add accessories such as birdhouses, wind chimes, or lanterns
Artificial leaves decoration ideas for outdoor spaces are a great way to add curb appeal and value to your home. Moreover, they also don’t require breaking the bank. So get creative and start reviving your outdoor space today with some beautiful artificial plants. Your guests will be amazed at how realistic they look, and you’ll enjoy the hassle-free gorgeousness. In other words: win-win!